The department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in June 2017. The department offers a number of courses in computer science and engineering at different levels ranging from masters, bachelors and certificate programs. The other department in the Faculty of Computing and lnformatics is the Department of Applied Computing and Information Technology.
A word from the Head of Department
Dr. Bada Kizito
Computer Science and Engineering department offers programs that equip students with relevant and requirement knowledge to fit and work in industry, government and academic. Our programs are designed using participatory approach with the involvement of experienced academicians, experts from computer industries and representatives from employers’ federation. We have specialized computer labs for Networks, Computer hardware and electronics, e-learning,robotics and multimedia technology.
To be a leader in the development of excellent professionals and innovators of ICT artifacts for national development
To build a strong teaching, research and community outreach environment that responds to ICT needs of academia, government and industry for addressing challenges of the 21st century.
- Provide quality undergraduate and graduate education in both the theoretical and Practical computer science and Engineering that give them a competitive advantage in the dynamic and pragmatic work environment of the 21st century
- Conduct computer science and engineering research to address real World problems that require ICT intervention
- Promote international collaborations for student and teacher exchanges in computer science and engineering.
- Produce excellence computer scientists and engineers to accomplish the ICT needs of the nation, particularly in robotics, mobile applications and software artifacts
- Promote contextual research and consultancy activities which are focused on services to the community
- Develop relevant programs to promote ICT usage in the communities.
- Foster ICT entrepreneurship and promote ICT for development with focus on software and content development
- In Computer Science
- ln Software Engineering
- ln ICT for Development
Undergraduate Programs offered
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Certificate in Networking and Mobile Application Development
- Certificate in Computer hardware repair and maintenance
- Certificate in Cyber Security
- Software Designers
- Systems Analysts
- Computer programmers
- Systems Analysts
- Database developers
- Network Engineers
- Hardware Engineers
- Computer project Managers
- Computer Security Experts
- Software Engineers